Meet Roxana Tismanaru
We spoke to yoga therapist, Roxana Tismanaru at Yoga o’clock, to find out about Chakra Meditation and the Power of Positive Affirmations. We covered meditation guidance and affirmations relating to the Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye, and Crown Chakras . Translated from Sanskrit, ‘chakra’ means ‘wheel’. The human chakras represent spinning discs of energy that run along the spine. There are seven main chakras along the spine, although, it has been said, there could be as many as 114 chakras all over the body. They allow the free flow of energy into and out of the human body. Chakra Healing is connected to the physical body, the mind and the emotional well-being of a person.
Roxana is an expert in her field and specialises in providing yoga and meditation classes, aromatherapy and ayurvedic consultations, health and wellness workshops, and private coaching for improving your well-being. Every practice is based around creating inner self-awareness and self-discovery.
Alongside the role of our chakras, our thoughts are integral in creating our personal reality. By regularly practising ‘Chakra Balancing with the Power of Positive Affirmations’, we can achieve astonishing results. Follow the guided meditation below. You may be able to relate to some, more than others.
ROOT CHAKRA (Muladhara): Foundations, Survival & Fears
The Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine, between the joints of the hip bone and the tail bone. It honours the earth, our basic survival and physical needs. When the Root Chakra is out of whack, this is when we feel unstable, insecure or disconnected from the earth. By healing and balancing your Root Chakra, your aim is to bring back stability and feel physically comfortable, wherever you are.
Healing the Root Chakra: Start by imagining a vivid red light filling up the root spot and radiating into the earth, to achieve grounding and connection to your surroundings. Stay focused with deep breaths; start to Believe and Accept the following affirmations:
- “I feel deeply rooted. I am connected to my body.”
- “I feel safe and secure. I have what I need.”
- “I am grounded and stable. I am standing on my own two feet.”
- “I nourish my body. I eat healthy food. I drink pure water. I exercise and relax.”
- “I connect to Mother Nature. I trust in the good and beauty of Life. I trust my Self.”
- “Just like a tree or a star, I have the right to be here.”
SACRAL CHAKRA (Svadhishthana): Creation, Desire & Relationships
The Sacral Chakra is located just below the navel, by the reproductive organs. It honours the body and our pleasurable experiences. When the Sacral Chakra is off-balance, our ability to take care of the body, receive people with an open mind or to enjoy sexual encounters becomes blocked. Balance your Sacral Chakra, to increase intimacy and passion.
Healing the Sacral Chakra: Place your hand over the lower abdomen and use your imagination to fill this area with a vivid orange light. Start The Power of Positive Affirmation with Forgiveness and Acceptance:
- “I love, value, accept and respect my body.”
- “I am passionate.”
- “I have healthy boundaries.”
- “I am open to experiencing the present moment through my senses.”
- “I feel pleasure and abundance with every breath I take.”
- “I allow myself to experience pleasure. My sexuality is sacred.”
SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA (Manipura): Will & Action
The Solar Plexus Chakra is located under the chest area in the upper abdomen, in between your rib cage. It honours strength, identity and life force. When imbalanced, a person may have issues with personal power and self-esteem. Overcome fears of rejection, criticism and judgement, to gain back control and confidence.
Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra: Sitting or standing up straight, imagine a vivid yellow light filling up your insides, between the chest and the naval. Imagine the yellow light, as Power, to gain back self-respect, and repeat, with Belief, the following Affirmations:
- “I love and accept myself. I am strong and courageous.”
- “I am worthy of love, kindness, and respect.”
- “I am proud of my achievements. I honour myself.”
- “I choose healthy relationships and direct my own life.”
- “I am free to choose in any situation.”
- “I seek opportunities for personal and spiritual growth. I am True.”
HEART CHAKRA (Anahata): Love
The Heart Chakra is located in the centre of the chest. It helps you to achieve compassion and friendliness, and healthy relationships / interactions with others. It honours the heart and emotions. When imbalanced, we may experience ‘over-loving’ to the extent of suffocation, jealousy, feelings of abandonment, anger, bitterness or loneliness. Reset your mind, forgive the past, let go and accept. Love yourself and love the journey. Love life!
Healing the Heart Chakra: Place your palms on your chest, close to the heart, and imagine a healing emerald green light glowing in your chest. Smile and start to Feel the following Affirmations:
- “I deeply, and completely, love and accept myself. I forgive myself.”
- “I am open to love and kindness. I am loved and I am respected.”
- “I nurture my inner child. I live in balance, in a state of grace and gratefulness.”
- “I am connected with other human beings.”
- “I am grateful for the challenges that help me transform and open up to love and trust.”
THROAT CHAKRA (Vishuddha): Communication, Self-Expression & Creativity
The Throat Chakra is located in the vocal cords in the throat. It governs communication, expression and creativity. A person who feels they cannot, or do not know how to express their truth, may have a wounded Throat Chakra.
Healing the Throat Chakra: Touch your throat and imagine it filling up with a vivid blue light, filling up with your truths, opinions or any other blocked expressions. Try to use your voice as much as possible during this meditation, whether it is reading the affirmations out loud or humming a quick tune to get your vocal chords vibrating. Breathe it out until there is no longer a blockage and repeat:
- “I am open, clear and honest in my communication. I have integrity.”
- “I have a right to speak my truth. I live an authentic life.”
- “I communicate my feelings with ease.”
- “I have a strong will that helps me resolve my challenges.”
- “I nourish my spirit through creativity.”
- “I listen to my body and feelings, to know what my truth is.”
THIRD EYE CHAKRA (Ajna): Intuition & Wisdom
The Third Eye Chakra is located in the centre of the forehead, a little above the eyebrows. It honours and governs our psychic and intuitive abilities, or, sixth sense. When wounded, we experience disconnect from our inner wisdom and its power to guide us in life. It represents intelligence and observation and can improve our ability to think for ourselves.
Healing the Third Eye Chakra: Focus on the Power of the following Affirmations whilst visualising an intense, indigo light, in the centre of your forehead. Breathe in, breathe out, focus on and repeat the following:
- “I am in touch with my inner guidance. I listen to my deepest wisdom.”
- “I nurture my spirit and trust my intuition. My life moves effortlessly.”
- “I forgive the past and learn what was there for me to learn.”
- “I am grateful for the goodness in my life.”
- “I am open to inspiration and ideas.”
- “I am the source of my truth.”
CROWN CHAKRA (Sahasrara): Transcendence
The Crown Chakra is located at the top of the head and governs your connection to your higher self, whilst being at one with the world. If your awareness of some sort of inner spirituality is not clear, or you seem to lack focus or direction in life, open your Crown Chakra and start this journey as soon as possible.
Healing the Crown Chakra: To heal the Crown Chakra, read these affirmations while focusing on the spot at the top of your head. Imagine a white or purple light connecting you, to that, which is outside of you. It may be helpful to rest your hands or place them on the top of your head. This will assist you to direct the energy to the focus area.
- “I am part of the Divine.”
- “I seek to understand and learn from my life experiences.”
- “I am connected and listen to the wisdom of the universe.”
- “I am one with the universe. I cannot detach from it, as it cannot detach from me.”
- “I cherish my spirit. I am open to divine wisdom.”
- “I live in the present moment.”
Browse the In Style Business Network by Cyprus in Style Magazine