BEST CAKE SHOP PAPHOS
DECADENT CHOCOLATE POT RECIPE
By Love Island Cakes
Following the success of Love Island’s recent Raspberry & Basil Marshmallow Recipe, we wanted to share an extra Chocolate Pot Recipe that will use the egg yolks from the marshmallow recipe. This is a decadent yet simple recipe that can be served on its own, topped with whipped cream or with the marshmallows on the side.
CHOCOLATE POT RECIPE
Chocolate pots have been a familiar sight over the years, but Love Island has taken this traditional dessert and given it a new slant, with the inclusion of flavoured marshmallows on the side. Most of us have enjoyed a serious love affair with chocolate at one point or another, and with this recipe, the result is a sophisticated yet stress-free dessert.
Try this delicious and simple chocolate pot recipe and flavour with your choice of liqueur. As we are in Cyprus, the oldest wine in the world, Commandaria, would be highly recommended to give it a kick, or another delicious Cypriot drink: Filfar. This recipe will serve six portions, but if you want more, all you have to do is double, triple, or quadruple the recipe.
- Preparation Time: Less than 30 mins
- Set Time: Minimum 4 Hours (or overnight)
- Serves: 6 Portions
- 235ml heavy cream
- 170g dark chocolate
- x2 egg yolks
- 20ml (a generous tablespoon) of Baileys or Dark rum, but Amaretto, Filfar and Kahlúa are also attractive options.
- 25g unsalted butter
- In a small-medium saucepan, heat the cream until bubbles appear around the edge.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Leave to cool for 1 minute and stir until smooth.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl and whisk in about a quarter of the chocolate and cream mixture.
- Scrape this into the saucepan and continuously whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum and butter.
- Pour into espresso cups and refrigerate until chilled. About four hours should do the trick, or you can set them overnight, ready for the following day!
Serving your Chocolate Pot in an espresso coffee cup is definitely the way to go, and bang on-trend. It will also give you the saucer to rest the marshmallows on the side. Other ways to showcase your Chocolate Pot include small ramekins and glasses. You could also cut out the flesh from a lemon or orange, fill them with the chocolate, and use them in your presentation. These will also add a light citrus taste to your chocolate dessert.
To place a Cake Order with Love Island Cakes, call +357 99 746 860. Delivery can be arranged across Cyprus for wedding cakes, anniversary cakes, birthday cakes, corporate cakes and more. Visit their website here for more information.
Published by Cyprus in Style October 2020 – #InStyleBusinessNetwork
MORE ARTICLES BY CYPRUS IN STYLE …
- Leading Boarding House in Cyprus offers a Safe Home Away from Home – Cyprus in StyleBoarding House Cyprus – A safe and homely environment for pupils to live in. For more information on the best Boarding House in Cyprus, read more.
- Traditional Cypriot Gift Ideas for your Loved Ones this Christmas & New YearChristmas Gifts Paphos – Struggling to find the perfect Christmas gift? Find something that little bit different at ‘The Place’. Traditional gifts, …
- Let’s Get Serious about Pain Relief for Feet – Advice from the ExpertsFoot Insoles Cyprus – Do you suffer from leg or foot pain? Do you have lower backache? Are you tired after walking? Read on …
- Deli & Wine Recommendations by a Professional Sommelier in Paphos – Cyprus in StyleWine Delivery Paphos – Wine & More has boutique wine shops in Paphos, Limassol & Nicosia. For Wine Delivery in Cyprus, click to read more.