WINE TASTING CYPRUS
Cyprus in Style Wine Network presents …
CYPRUS WINES vs THE WORLD
3-COURSE GOURMET DINNER & WINE TASTING – Cyprus in Style Wine Network is delighted to present our next wine event at Andria Restaurant in Coral Bay. This event will be a wine presentation by leading wine expert, George Kassianos, followed by a 3-course gourmet dinner. Wine and food have always been a winning combination throughout history, and we take great pride in being able to continue this tradition. The site on which Andria Restaurant is built was once a vineyard owned by the grandfather of the current owners.
ABOUT CYPRUS IN STYLE WINE NETWORK
Cyprus in Style Wine Network was born as a result of the hugely popular ‘All About Wine’ section by Cyprus in Style Magazine. Bringing together all the latest news from the world of wine in Cyprus, and providing the ultimate platform for wine industry experts to share their knowledge with wine lovers across the Island. Stay informed about the Cypriot wine scene and receive access to exclusive wine events and deals in Paphos, Limassol and Nicosia. Enjoy exclusive interviews with leading influential wine personalities in Cyprus, and meet the winemakers behind your favourite wines. Cyprus in Style Wine Network also features news on spirits and gastronomic delights to complement your choice of beverage. All for the love of wine!
- 3rd November: Fully Booked
- 10th November: Limited Availability
- New Start Time: 6.30 pm
A BLIND TASTING OF CYPRIOT & INTERNATIONAL WINES
This wine presentation will be a blind tasting of four indigenous Cypriot varieties with comparable wines from overseas. The selected Cypriot wines include wines from Tsiakkas, Vouni Panayias, Makarounas and Vasilikon wineries in Cyprus. These will be blind tasted with three wines from France and one from Northern Greece. During the class, we will have to decide, out of the two, which is which, and answer in writing. There will be an overall winner.
HOSTED BY LEADING WINE EXPERT – GEORGE KASSIANOS
After a lifelong career in hospitality, George currently writes for several publications here in Cyprus on wine. Notably, he writes the wine column in the Sunday Cyprus Mail and also contributes articles regularly for Cyprus in Style Magazine. George is also the co-owner of the Wines Unfiltered blog and President of the Cyprus Sommeliers Association, which is hosting the European and North African Sommelier of the Year Competition in March 2021.
ABOUT EXECUTIVE CHEF – STELIOS NIKOLAIDES
Stelios opened Andria Restaurant in 1992 and was later joined by his brother, Marios. They named the restaurant after their mother. Their main aim has always been to provide gourmet food of the highest quality. They make everything in house and even grow the majority of their vegetables in their own kitchen garden. Andria is especially famous for serving the very finest steaks.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
Canapés will be served during the presentation, and then a 3-course dinner will be enjoyed, which has been specially selected by the Executive Chef and owner of Andria, Stelios Nikolaides. The meal will start with Grilled Village Halloumi Cheese, served with a Honey and Fig Jam and a Tomato Confit. The main course is a Grilled Black Angus Rib Eye Steak, served with an optional Black Peppercorn Sauce and sides. The dessert will be a homemade Fruits of the Forest Cheesecake.
Please advise your personal preference for seating when booking – socially-distanced or a group table.
HOW TO BOOK FOR 10TH NOVEMBER
Booking is essential. There are very limited numbers due to social distancing. The price is 40 euros per person, including the wine for the presentation and the 3-course dinner. To book, or for further information, please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Of course, all current protective hygiene measures will be applied at this event. We strongly feel that they are for the benefit of everyone. In addition to reducing the numbers, we ask:
- All guests to sanitise hands on arrival.
- If you leave the table, your mask must be worn.
- Maximum tables of 6.
- Socially-distanced tables for the same party, if requested when booking.
- George will present, wearing a mask, from the outside area of the restaurant.
Published by Cyprus in Style October 2020 – #InStyleBusinessNetwork
MORE ARTICLES BY CYPRUS IN STYLE …
- New Thai Restaurant in Limassol creates Excitement among Thai Food Lovers across the Island – Have you been?Thai Restaurant Limassol – Situated at the St Raphael Resort & Marina is the Golden Monkey Thai Restaurant in Limassol. Read the review here.
- Larnaca Biennale 2021 presents ‘Limitless Limits’ International Fine Arts ExhibitionLarnaca Biennale 2021 – The Larnaca Biennale is already the biggest & most popular international arts event in Cyprus. 13th Oct – 26th Nov ..
- Cyprus Wins 1st Prize at European Glass Context ’21 with ‘Ripples of Time’ by Yorgos PapadopoulosCypriot Artist – Yorgos Papadopoulos has been awarded the first prize at the 2021 edition of the prestigious European Glass Context in Bornholm, Denmark, with his artwork ‘Ripples of Time’.