WINE DELIVERY CYPRUS
ORDER YOUR WINE DELIVERY ONLINE
(Buying Wine in Cyprus has never been easier!)
- What wines are people buying online in Cyprus?
- Popular choice – A wine with just 63 calories per 100 ml!
- Free Zoom Online Wine Consultations – “Meet the Sommeliers”.
- The Perfect Contactless Delivery Service.
- Strict anti-COVID-19 safety precautions designed to protect you.
- Newly arrived Fresh Cheeses and Gourmet Treats.
- 25% off all Wines, Spirits and Champagnes online – until 31st January, 2021.
- 20% off all Delicatessen products – until 31st January, 2021.
Wine Delivery Cyprus – Online Wine Delivery in Cyprus is certainly the new way to buy your wines during Lockdown and beyond. All wine retailers in Cyprus have seen a considerable increase in demand for this service. While some people are drinking larger quantities of wine, due to being socially confined, others are actually drinking less, but looking for better quality wines and spirits to make up for that fact. Whatever category you fall into, it is good to know what Wine & More by French Depot are doing with online wine sales in Cyprus, to take care of our wine requirements. Order your wine online and enjoy an efficient alcohol delivery service in Limassol, Paphos and Nicosia.
In addition to providing a Contactless Wine Delivery service, they are also offering, from this month, a Free No-Obligation Online Wine Consultation with one of their in-store professional Sommeliers based in Paphos, Limassol and Nicosia. This is primarily aimed at anyone who has a love of wine and wants to learn more. In this article, we look at their top-selling wines online, available from their website, their Covid-safety alcohol delivery policy, and find out more about their ‘Meet the Sommeliers’ consultations, which are there to help us when ordering wine online in Cyprus.
WHAT WINES ARE PEOPLE BUYING ONLINE IN CYPRUS?
We asked Wine & More by French Depot to share the most popular wines being ordered online in Cyprus from their website and via their phones from the boutiques. It is always nice to know what everyone else is drinking! The top five most popular online wines showed an excellent selection with three reds, one white and a sparkling wine. It also showed us that the people who order wine online are travelling the world, as the top five wines come from France, Cyprus and New Zealand, as well as two wines from Italy.
Wine & More by French Depot have a vast selection of wines for sale in their online wine shop
. These include wines from France, Italy, Spain, Argentina, New Zealand, Chile, Austria, South Africa, Cyprus, Greece, Portugal, Lebanon, USA and Uruguay. Their selection of wines online, which are all available for wine delivery in Cyprus, also includes eight Vegan wines and nine Kosher wines.
Currently, Wine & More by French Depot have a sale on until the end of January, which means that all their wines and champagnes are available with a 25% discount for online wine orders. This also means that most of the top five most popular wines are reasonably priced, with nearly all of them being well below 20 euros.
So, what has caught the eye of the online wine-buying public across the Island? Here are the top wines being ordered online, in Cyprus, at the moment, and which can be delivered directly to your door.
Top 5 Wines Available through the Wine & More by French Depot Online Wine Delivery Service:
Sileni Cellar Selection Sauvignon Blanc – New Zealand – 2019
No surprise here, as the 2016 vintage of this white wine was in the top 5% of all wines globally. This dry white is from a winery in New Zealand, which was established in 1998. The name has its roots in Greek mythology, as ‘The Sileni’ were very well known for their love of wine and massive feasts.
The winery is based near Hawke’s Bay in the Marlborough region of New Zealand. The wines are world-renowned, and the winery’s main objective is always to showcase the region’s stunning terroir. This wine is made by Nigel Davies, who first started working at the winery in 1998.
- Grape Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Tasting Notes: “Intense aromas of tropical fruit with tones of grapefruit and gooseberry. It is a beautifully balanced wine, which has a lively freshness with a long flavour finish”.
- Pair this wine with: Shellfish, Vegetarian, Oysters and Goat Cheese
- Price: Under 10 euros at 9.75 euros with a current 25% discount from Wine & More by French Depot
Pavillon Saint Pierre Reserve Cote du Rhone – France – 2018
Described as a ‘real gem’, this red wine has been a consistent Gold Medal Winner at international wine competitions. Any fan of Châteauneuf du Pape should undoubtedly consider this wine, from the same region, with a rich and ripe soil. It offers excellent value. It is not labelled Châteauneuf because it is not from the same vineyards in the correct zone. It is made by the Maison Bouachon, which was established in the region in 1898.
- Grape Variety: Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah
- Wine Tasting Notes: “This wine is a medium garnet colour with aromas of strawberries, cherries, blueberries and dark berries. It has long raw tannins, medium body and a dry finish”.
- Pair this wine with: Beef, Lamb, Game and Duck
- Price: 11.25 euros with a current 25% discount from Wine & More by French Depot
Ekfraseis Winery Onar – Hillside Collection – Cyprus – 2018
Good to see that we are supporting the Cyprus wine industry during these times and buying Cypriot wines online! This wine is from Ekfraseis Winery, which was established by Christos Vassiliades in 2013. It is from the Madari Mountain Vineyards, which are positioned at an altitude of 1250 m. The area is very rocky and mountainous, making it inaccessible to many, but perfect for fine wine cultivation. Read more about Ekfraiseis Winery here.
- Grape Variety: Cabernet Franc
- Wine Tasting Notes: “A combination of herbal notes with ripe and rich aromas of black cherry, blackberry, cocoa and red pepper flakes. A boldness on the palate with vanilla and smoky flavours, complemented by medium acidity and a moderately high tannin”.
- Pair this wine with: Red meats, Mature Cheeses with full fat or spicy tastes, Game and smoked dishes.
- Price: 15.68 euros with a current 25% discount from Wine & More by French Depot
Donnafugata Floramundi Cerasuolo di Vittoria DOCG – Italy – 2017
This wine is from a leading winery based in Sicily. Giacomo Rollo established the winery in 1983. Giacomo is a fourth-generation winemaker in Italy with a family history of over 160 years in the wine industry. Today, he runs his business with his wife, Gabriella, and his children, José and Antonio. Their vineyards are spread across Sicily. They have a winery and vineyards in Etna, Randazzo, Contessa Entellina, Vittoria, Pantelleria, and ageing cellars in Marsala.
- Grape Variety: Nero d’Avola Frappato
- Wine Tasting Notes: “A ruby red with brilliant purple reflections. This wine offers intense fruity aromas of black cherry and plum notes. The bouquet opens with delicate flowery nuances and characteristic spicy notes of black pepper. The palate is supported by a freshness and softness, making it juicy and a pleasure to drink. It has fine and well-integrated tannins”.
- Pair this wine with: Tasty first courses, grilled Meat, Fish and Pulled Pork.
- Price: 21.75 euros with a current 25% discount from Wine & More by French Depot
Astoria Yu Sushi Sparkling Extra Brut – Italy – N.V
No secret why this wine might be in the top five of Wine and More’s online wine sales in Cyprus. Perhaps many people see this wine as a healthy choice, as it only has 63 calories per 100 ml! Originally designed as a wine to pair with Sushi, this wine also makes the perfect aperitif. The Astoria label was established in 1987 by Paolo and Giorgio Polegato, who were from a winemaking family. This wine is served at restaurants and wine bars worldwide. Astoria is a multi-award-winning winery in the vineyards in the Treviso Hills.
- Grape Variety: White grapes of the Treviso area. Prosecco/Glera grapes with other indigenous varieties
- Wine Tasting Notes: “Very fine and continuous. Light straw yellow. Typical clean, elegant and fruity notes. Distinctive and acidulous, with a pleasant and nicely balanced dryness.”
- Pair this wine with: Sushi or Fish
- Price: 12.75 euros with a current 25% discount from Wine & More by French Depot
NEW COLLECTION OF FRESH CHEESES AND GOURMET DELICACIES
The finest wines always deserve to be paired with the very best gourmet treats. If you love cheese, you will be spoilt for choice at Wine & More at French Depot who have the largest and finest selection of French cheeses. Their new collection includes Raclette, Truffle, Brie, Mont, Munster, Reblochon, Gruyère, Brillat-Savarin, Comté, Camembert and many more.
The full range of gastronomic treats in the delicatessen section also includes Foie Gras, Paté, Charcuterie, Chocolates, Biscuits, Pastas, and Truffle products. They have sourced the very best products from all over the world, and some of their exclusive partners include the famous brands Delpeyrat, La Mère Poulard, Le Comptoir de Mathilde, Castaing, Bonci, Maison Medelys, Lou Gascoun, Henri Raffin, Fabbrica della Pasta di Gragnano and Venchi.
All with 20% off until 31st January 2021.
During these challenging times, the priority for all businesses is their customers, as well as their staff’s health and safety. At Wine & More by French Depot, they have genuinely tried to think of everything, to protect everyone, by introducing a series of precautions. Thus, endeavouring to avoid large group environments and thereby limiting customer interaction. Whilst all their wine boutiques in Paphos, Limassol and Nicosia are open, they have introduced innovative ways for us to buy our wine safely.
ORDER WINE DELIVERY IN CYPRUS FROM THEIR ONLINE WINE SHOP
Wine & More by French Depot Online Wine Shop offers the perfect place to browse great wines and arrange Wine Delivery directly to your front door – in Limassol, Paphos and Nicosia, and anywhere in Cyprus. Their alcohol delivery system is purposely designed to be contactless so that you can feel safe and secure shopping from the comfort of your own home during these times.
MEET THE SOMMELIERS ONLINE
FREE WINE CONSULTATION & TOUR OF THE WINE BOUTIQUES
NO-OBLIGATION WINE CONSULTATION TO HELP YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT WINE!
Wine & More by French Depot are delighted to announce that they have launched their ‘Meet the Sommeliers’ online wine consultation. Your consultation will take place either by Zoom or Messenger online. For those of you missing face-to-face contact, this is your chance to have one of the professional Sommeliers who work at Wine & More by French Depot, totally to yourself for 30 minutes! They will help you make the right wine choices with consultations available in English, Greek and Italian.
FREE WINE TOUR WITH A PROFESSIONAL SOMMELIER
Their online wine consultations also provide an excellent opportunity to just learn about wine, and their Sommeliers would be only too delighted to take you on a tour of their world wines in the store. All the boutiques are divided into country sections. They can take you to France, Italy, Portugal, Greece and many more countries, giving you the inside story on the wineries, and with whom they work on an exclusive basis. This is also a unique chance to ask any wine questions you might have and improve your wine knowledge.
They decided to launch this service during the Lockdown due to the demand from some of their regular clients, who were buying wines from the website. Whilst they very much enjoyed looking at the website, they felt the need to ask the Sommeliers specific questions, which would usually be asked during a ‘real’ boutique visit.
Are you interested in connecting with a friendly online Sommelier at Wine & More by French Depot?
Remember, these consultations are free, and there is no obligation to buy wine or spirits. They just love talking about wine! To arrange a meeting to suit your diary, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and enjoy a good conversation with one of their wine experts. In your email, let them know which city you live in and which language you prefer – English, Greek or Italian.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AT ALL THEIR WINE SHOPS IN CYPRUS
OPEN FOR BUSINESS WITH AN ADDITIONAL WINE SHOP OPEN IN LIMASSOL!
With the opening of another wine boutique in Limassol, just before Christmas, Wine & More by French Depot now have four wine shops across the Island! There are two in Limassol, one in Paphos, and another in Nicosia. For anyone looking to visit a boutique, in person, these are the Covid-safety rules which must be strictly adhered to by visitors:
- HAND SANITISER – At every wine shop entrance, there are free-standing hand sanitiser gel units. Every visitor must sanitise their hands on entering the premises. When paying for the wines and delicatessen products, customers are also requested to place them on the counter and sanitise their hands again before paying.
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY – There are strict rules relating to how many people are allowed to enter the boutiques at any one time. These vary according to the size of the shop. Limits are displayed at the entrance to each shop and must be obeyed. If the boutique is at its limit, customers are asked to wait outside until a staff member lets you know it is Ok to enter safely.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – The 2-metre distance ruling is to be adhered to at all times.
- FACE MASKS – It is now the law in Cyprus to wear face masks when we are not at home, and this applies to anyone who chooses to visit the boutiques in person.
IT IS ALSO GOOD TO KNOW THAT:
- All touchpoints in the shops are regularly sanitised with professional products.
- All staff working in the shops are regularly temperature-checked, as part of their staff wellness safety checks.
- All staff wear appropriate PPE at all times.
ORDER WINE ONLINE & ENJOY A SAFE CONTACTLESS WINE DELIVERY
WINE DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE IN LIMASSOL, PAPHOS AND NICOSIA.
When Wine & More by French Depot developed their Contactless Wine Delivery Service, they certainly put a great deal of effort and thought into how they might protect their delivery staff and customers. The good news is that we can order wines, spirits, champagnes and delicatessen products from any of their wine shops in Cyprus, without meeting a single person.
- Orders can be made via the website or by phone. Payment is already taken by card.
- Their Wine Delivery vehicles are regularly sanitised.
- Their Wine Delivery drivers are temperature-checked every day and sanitise hands between all deliveries.
- Their Wine Delivery drivers also wear the appropriate PPE.
The Wine Delivery driver will call you before arriving at your home, to inform you of their arrival, and will leave the order at the front door so that there is no direct contact.
25% OFF ALL WINES & SPIRITS & 20% OFF ALL DELICATESSEN PRODUCTS WHEN YOU ORDER ONLINE!
To make the most of the 25% discount on all Wines, Champagnes and Spirits, and the 20% discount on all Delicatessen products (both available until 31st January, 2021) visit the Wine & More by French Depot Online Wine Shop and place your order!
Published by Cyprus in Style Magazine January 2020 | #InStyleBusinessNetwork | Wine Delivery Cyprus
MORE ARTICLES ABOUT WINE:
- Luxury Wine Hampers & Corporate Gift Ideas
- Festive French Aperitifs & Christmas Gourmet Delicacies
- Fine Wine Event with French Wine Producer, Gerard Bertrand
- Finest Wines & Spirits in the World at Limassol’ French Depot
- Grand Cru Wines Imported from France at French Depot
- Best Rosé Wine in the World ‘Clos du Temple’ at French Depot
- Exclusive Interview with Christophe Chaillou
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE OUR UPCOMING MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
CYPRUS IN STYLE WINE NETWORK
Cyprus Wine Hub – Cyprus in Style Wine Network was born as a result of the hugely popular ‘All About Wine’ section by Cyprus in Style Magazine. Bringing together all the latest news from the world of wine in Cyprus, and providing the ultimate platform for wine industry experts to share their knowledge with wine lovers across the Island. Stay informed about the Cypriot wine scene and receive access to exclusive wine events and deals in Paphos, Limassol and Nicosia. Enjoy exclusive interviews with leading influential wine personalities in Cyprus, and meet the winemakers behind your favourite wines. Cyprus in Style Network also features news on spirits and gastronomic delights to complement your choice of beverage. All for the love of wine.
CYPRUS IN STYLE BUSINESS NETWORK
Cyprus in Style is the fastest-growing lifestyle and business network written in the English language in Cyprus. Stay in touch for exclusive interviews with local personalities, articles on business, property, gastronomy, wine, art and more! Offering a high-quality reader experience and strong positioning in Advertising for selected businesses across the island. Browse Directory