WINE DELIVERY CYPRUS
VALENTINE’S DAY WINE HAMPERS & PLATTERS
AMAZING WINE DEALS FOR A ROMANTIC EVENING AT HOME
- Ten of the Best Rosé, White and Sparkling Wines
- 30% Off all White & Rosé Wines for Valentine’s Day
- 25% Off selected Champagnes for Valentine’s Day
- Special Wine Gift Hampers – For Him or Her
- Large Selection of Imported Cheeses from France
- Gourmet Delicacies & Platters for Valentine’s Day
- Wine Delivery in Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos
- Mythodia Rosé Wine from Cyprus
Wine Gift Hampers for Valentine’s Day are the perfect way to show your love this year. In the wise words of Ovid, the Roman poet, “Wine prepares the heart for love, unless you take too much”. At Wine & More by French Depot, they have created a vast selection of wines and delicatessen items to help create the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts and hampers. With restaurants still closed, this year will be an at-home affair. Dim the lights, play your favourite music, drink fine wines and enjoy gastronomic delicacies together.
WINE HAMPERS FOR YOUR LOVED ONE – FOR HIM OR HER!
The perfect present for your loved one on Valentine’s Day. These Valentine’s Day Gift Hampers include selected wines and/or spirits, with edible delicacies, including the most refined French chocolates, to be enjoyed together. All the items are beautifully presented in a wine hamper and can be delivered to anywhere in Cyprus.
Hamper for Her:
- Pralines roses Chocolat noir à casser – Le Comptoir de Mathilde
- Tablette de Chocolat Fraise Meringue Chocolat Ruby – Le Comptoir de Mathilde
- Mathildette Apéro Méditerranéenne – Le Comptoir de Mathilde
- A bottle of Domaine de la Rossignole Sancerre 2018 37.5cl
- A bottle of Astoria Cuvée Fashion Victim Spumante Extra Dry Rosé 75cl
Hamper for Him:
- A bottle of Château Montus Madiran 2014 37.5cl
- A bottle of Maxime Trijol VSOP Cognac 5cl Miniature
- A bottle of Château du Breuil Pays d’Auge VSOP Calvados 3cl Miniature
- Chocolat à Casser St Valentin Noir – Le Comptoir de Mathilde
How to order:
Either by phoning or calling in at one of Wine & More by French Depot boutiques in Limassol, Nicosia or Paphos. The wine hampers are also available to order online at their online wine shop – www.frenchdepotshop.com.cy. Let them know what you want and receive a Contactless Wine Hamper Delivery – direct to your door.
WIN A VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT HAMPER!
Wine & More by French Depot – Valentine’s Day Gift Wine Hamper Competition.
HOW TO ENTER – WIN A ‘FOR HIM’ OR ‘FOR HER’ VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT HAMPER!
- Like our Facebook Page – @Cyprus in Style
- Find the Competition Post & ‘Like’ it.
- Tag 3 Wine-Loving Friends!
The competition is open until 5pm Thursday 11th February. The winner will be selected at random. Win your Valentine’s Day Gift Hamper just in time for Valentine’s Day! The competition rules of entry are listed at the bottom of this article.
CYPRIOT WINE FOR YOUR VALENTINE – 30% OFF!
If you are looking for a Cypriot Rosé wine this year, to celebrate Valentine’s day, you should definitely consider Mythodia Rosé Wine from Ekfraseis Winery. According to the Oxford dictionary, Mythodia means “The act of or an instance of conquering or the state of having been conquered”. According to many who have tried this wine, it does conquer you. Mythodia has a beautiful salmon pink colour, and has been described as a “bright, sassy, delightfully light and crisp wine”.
“When tasting this wine, at first, you taste floral, fresh berries including strawberry and red cherries, followed by fresh herbs (basil and thyme) and flowers with some caramel notes at the end”. The harmony of bright acidity, together with a creamy texture and dry finish, shows this wine’s completeness.
Recommended Pairings for Mythodia Wine by Ekfraseis Winery include:
- Orzo Pasta
- Shrimp Salad
- Zucchini with Spinach and Ricotta
- Salmon Cakes
- Red Peppers stuffed with Mincemeat and Rice
With 30% off for Valentine’s Day, this wine is exclusively available at Wine & More by French Depot Wine shops in Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos. This delicious choice of wine has been reduced from €6.95 to €4.87!
TOP TEN WINES FOR VALENTINE’S DAY – GO PINK!
Gosset Brut Grand Rosé Champagne NV – 25% OFF
This is one of the most popular Champagne Rosé Wines. It has a beautiful tinted pink colour which comes from the dark pigments in the Pinot Noir grape skins.
- Grape Variety: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
- Country and Region: France, Champagne
- Wine Tasting Notes: “One of the finest Champagnes from the region. It has red fruit flavours with floral undertones. It also has flavours of peach skin, white cherry and redcurrants”.
- Pair with: Foie Gras, Fish, Soft and Mild Cheese, Pork and Fruit
Ekfraseis Winery Mythodia Rosé – Madari Hills Collection – 30% OFF
An excellent value Rosé Wine from Ekfraseis Winery, in the Limassol region of Cyprus. This winery is renowned for producing fine wines from its high-altitude vineyards, positioned at 1,200 metres above sea level. The winemaker, Christos Vassiliades, is passionate about making fine wines and uses a variety of grapes.
- Grape Variety: Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah, Mavro
- Country and Region: Cyprus, Limassol
- Wine Tasting Notes: “Delicate aromas of strawberry and cherry candy, with a refreshing taste and an elegant acidity”.
- Pair with: Fish, Vegetarian and Pasta dishes
Contadi Castaldi Franciacorta Rosé 2019 – 30% OFF
An original Franciacorta but with a modern twist. This wine offers excellent value for money, considering the quality of the wine! They have skilfully used the Pinot Nero grapes, and is perfect for special occasions.
- Grape Variety: Chardonnay, Pinot Nero
- Country and Region: Italy, Lombardy, Franciacorta
- Wine Tasting Notes: “The mouth is structured, crisp and lively. Finish long and well balanced. It is full-bodied with a creamy texture and persistent bubbles”.
- Pair with: Fish dishes or as an Aperitif
Moscato d’Asti G.D. Vajra 2018 – 30% OFF
One of the top Moscato d’Asti wines. This is a wine that can sometimes be hard to find. Buy it now while it is still in stock!
- Grape Variety: Muscat
- Country and Region: Italy, Piedmont
- Wine Tasting Notes: “…with an aromatic sweet flavour which characterises the grape”.
- Pair with: Perfect with starters, sweet dishes or with cheese, such as Cheddar and Gruyère. It can also be enjoyed as an appetiser.
Pink Pégau Rosé 2019 – 30% OFF
One of the most popular wines from the Vin de France range. Vin de France is the everyday range of wines. Domaine du Pégau is a well know wine producer based in Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- Grape Variety: Cinault, Granache, Carignan
- Country and Region: France, Rhône Valley
- Wine Tasting Notes: “ …with freshness and elements of dried spices. Flavours of grapefruit with a fresh acidity. An elegant wine with great character”.
- Pair with: Seafood and Creamy Vegetarian dishes or enjoy it as an Aperitif
Jean-Claude Boisset ‘Nature d’Ursulines’ 2017
The Bourgogne Rouge wines are produced under a generic Bourgogne appellation, which was initially created in 1937. This wine can sometimes be hard to find.
- Grape Variety: Pinot Noir
- Country and Region: France, Burgundy
- Wine Tasting Notes: “ … with a beautiful, clear, ruby red colour, it reveals an aromatic freshness marked by notes of red fruits. It is slightly spicy. The mouth is supple with a nice tangy frame. The tannins are very silky”.
- Pair with: Beef, Veal, Game and Poultry
Blanc Châteauneuf-du-Pape AOC 2018 – 30% OFF
Another wine producer from Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Most of their wines are produced in the Rhône Valley. This particular wine is made using vines from the family estate, ‘Domaine Barville’.
- Grape Variety: Grenache Blanc
- Country and Region: France, Côtes du Rhône
- Wine Tasting Notes: “White flowers and white-fleshed stone fruits evolve into notes of buttery hazelnuts. Honey hints develop over ageing. On the palate, it fills the mouth with honey and fresh ripe fruits (peaches and white currants). Great length with an elegant citrus finish”.
- Pair with: Seabass, Foie Gras, Lobster, Main Course Salads and Desserts
Domaine Valéry Renaudat ‘Les Nouzats’ Quincy AOP 2018 – 30% OFF
If you enjoy a Sancerre or a Pouilly-Fumé, you are recommended to try this wine. It is a Sauvignon Blanc from one of the Loire’s lesser-known wine regions. The Domaine has 3.5 hectares in the village of Quincy, from which the wine takes its name.
- Grape Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
- Country and Region: France, Loire Valley
- Wine Tasting Notes: “A golden yellow colour with green reflections. On the nose, hints of grapefruit, lemon and verbena. On the palate, it is fresh with fruity flavours”.
- Pair with: Meat and Oily Fish
Astoria Velére Prosecco DOC Rosé 2019 – 30% OFF
Astoria is known across the world for its fine Prosecco. This particular wine is based on the Pinot Nero and Glera grapes.
- Grape Variety: Pinot Noir, Glera
- Country and Region: Italy, Veneto
- Wine Tasting Notes: “It manifests its origins which are translated into a pleasantness in drinking, and is supported by a touch of giant personality”.
- Pair with: Shellfish, Vegetarian, Cured meats, or enjoy as an Aperitif
Château Bouscassé Grand Vin de Madiran AOP 2013
This is one of the second most popular wines from the South West area of France. Château Bouscassé is very well known for its structured Madiran wines, under the directorship of the distinguished winemaker, Alain Brumont. The winery is part of Vignobles Brumont, and the vineyards have been in the family for several years.
- Grape Variety: Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Country and Region: France, Southwest
- Wine Tasting Notes: “Harmony and power combined. This wine has a delicate fruitiness with aromas of blackberries with well-integrated tannins. It is full-bodied on the palate. This is a wine that stays young for a long time, evolving very slowly with good potential to age”.
- Pair with: Lamb, Beef, Duck and Venison
VALENTINE’S DAY PLATTERS FOR A COSY & ROMANTIC EVENING AT HOME
PREMIER CHEESE & COLD MEAT PLATTERS TO GO WITH YOUR WINE – FROM JUST 22 EUROS!
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to curl up on the settee and enjoy a platter and wine together. At Wine & More by French Depot, they have a wide selection of platters available from just 22 euros! These include cold cuts of meat, cheese, mixed and VIP platters. For Valentine’s Day they have created a Limited-Edition Platter and Wine combination. The platter is presented with the wine in a decorated box priced at 29 euros, and includes:
- A bottle of Ekfraseis Mythodia Rosé Wine
- Comté Cheese
- Cantal Cheese
- Bûchette de Chèvre Cheese
- Tomme Noire des Pyrénées Cheese
- Mini-Bûchettes Saucissons (mini salamis)
- Brie Cheese
Please note: 24 hours’ notice is required before collection.
NEW SELECTION OF FRESH CHEESES & GOURMET DELICACIES
The finest wines always deserve to be paired with the very best gourmet treats. If you love cheese, you will be spoilt for choice at Wine & More by French Depot Delicatessens, which have the most extensive and finest French Cheese selection in Cyprus. Their new collection includes Raclette, Truffle, Brie, Mont d’Or, Munster, Reblochon, Gruyère, Brillat-Savarin, Comté, Camembert and many more.
There is always a variety of unusual cheeses available, but two which caught our attention were the Mont d’Or cheese and the Tomme des Pyrénées. The Mont d’Or is a highly desired cheese with a very creamy texture. The Tomme is a French rustic semi-hard cheese, which is mellow, buttery and slightly nutty.
As with their wine and spirits collection, Wine & More by French Depot will always go the extra mile to source the finest food products available. They import the top brands from France and Italy, and many of the products are imported on an exclusive basis. Any gastronomic treat you can think of is available at their wine boutiques across the Island, from different types of Pasta, Chocolates and Foie gras to Artisan Mustards, Specialist Oils and Pâtés. If you know a truffle lover, they also have a full range of truffle products that would make the perfect gift for a loved one this Valentine’s Day. For gifts, and Valentine inspiration, this is the go-to destination for fine foods. The full range of gastronomic treats in the delicatessen section also includes Foie Gras, Pâté, Charcuterie, Chocolates, Biscuits, Pastas and Truffle products. They have sourced the very best products from all over the world. Some of their exclusive partners include the famous brands Delpeyrat, La Mère Poulard, Le Comptoir de Mathilde, Castaing, Bonci, Maison Médelys, Lou Gascoun, Henri Raffin, La Fabbrica della Pasta di Gragnano and Venchi.
ORDER WINE DELIVERY IN CYPRUS FROM THEIR ONLINE WINE SHOP
Wine & More by French Depot Online Wine Shop offers the perfect place to browse great wines and arrange Wine Delivery directly to your front door – Limassol, Paphos, Nicosia and anywhere in Cyprus. Their alcohol delivery system is purposely designed to be contactless, so that you can feel safe and secure shopping from the comfort of your own home during these times.
WINE HAMPER COMPETITION RULES
The competition is open until Thursday, 11 February, 2021 – 5 pm.
- One entry per person accepted.
- Must be age 18 & over.
- No entry fee attached & no purchase necessary.
- No close relatives from Cyprus in Style Magazine or Wine & More by French Depot can enter.
- The winner will be selected at random & notified on Facebook.
- Good luck!
Wine & More by French Depot also have wine boutiques in Limassol and Nicosia. Positioned among the best wine shops in Cyprus, it was established just over ten years ago. The main aim has always been to supply fine wines and gastronomic treats. They also have a range of fine wines from all over the world. To receive a contactless Wine Delivery in Cyprus, visit their Online Wine Shop here!
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Published by Cyprus in Style Magazine February 2021 | #InStyleBusinessNetwork | Wine Delivery Cyprus
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved
SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE OUR UPCOMING MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
WINE & MORE BY FRENCH DEPOT
‘The Best or Nothing’ | Wine Delivery Cyprus | When French Depot first opened, it became the point of reference for those looking for great French wines in Cyprus. Now, after 10 years, their commitment to providing the best of what France has to offer in wines and delicatessen, is stronger than ever. Wine & More by French Depot is proud to offer the largest selection of wines from every region of France in Cyprus, including all the Grand Crus and Cru Classe wines. They have wine boutiques in Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos. See Website
MORE WINE ARTICLES
- Luxury Wine Hampers & Corporate Gift Ideas
- Festive French Aperitifs & Christmas Gourmet Delicacies
- Fine Wine Event with French Wine Producer, Gerard Bertrand
- Finest Wines & Spirits in the World at Limassol’ French Depot
- Grand Cru Wines Imported from France at French Depot
- Best Rosé Wine in the World ‘Clos du Temple’ at French Depot
- Exclusive Interview with Christophe Chaillou
CYPRUS IN STYLE WINE NETWORK
Cyprus Wine Hub – Cyprus in Style Wine Network was born as a result of the hugely popular ‘All About Wine’ section by Cyprus in Style Magazine. Bringing together all the latest news from the world of wine in Cyprus, and providing the ultimate platform for wine industry experts to share their knowledge with wine lovers across the Island. Stay informed about the Cypriot wine scene and receive access to exclusive wine events and deals in Paphos, Limassol and Nicosia. Enjoy exclusive interviews with leading influential wine personalities in Cyprus, and meet the winemakers behind your favourite wines. Cyprus in Style Network also features news on spirits and gastronomic delights to complement your choice of beverage. All for the love of wine.
CYPRUS IN STYLE BUSINESS NETWORK
Cyprus in Style is the fastest-growing lifestyle and business network written in the English language in Cyprus. Stay in touch for exclusive interviews with local personalities, articles on business, property, gastronomy, wine, art and more! Offering a high-quality reader experience and strong positioning in Advertising for selected businesses across the island. Browse Directory