WINE DELIVERY LIMASSOL
MOST RECOMMENDED WINES DELIVERED IN LIMASSOL
WHAT WINES ARE THE CONNOISSEURS DRINKING AT HOME?
Wine Delivery Limassol – In this series, we look forward to bringing you the wine choices of some of the leading wine figures in Cyprus. It is always good to know what ‘the connoisseurs’ are drinking and learn from their many years of experience. Of course, when we choose a wine, it depends on our own personal preference, but there is no harm in taking a shortcut and following a professional’s advice.
This three-part series starts with Christophe Chaillou, founder and CEO of Wine & More by French Depot. With four boutique wine stores situated across the Island, the company has become one of Cyprus’s leading wine purveyors. Here he tells us what wines he drinks at home with his family and friends and explains the best food pairings to enjoy with them.
ABOUT CHRISTOPHE CHAILLOU
Christophe Chaillou is a French businessman who has lived in Limassol since 1985. He is the father of four sons and lives in the city with his wife. He is the Founder and Director of Wine & More by French Depot. Christophe is also the CEO of Creative Tours and President of the Cyprus Wine and Business Club. He is also the Foreign Trade Counsellor for France, the Cyprus Mice Agencies Association President, and the Cyprus Finance Business Association’s Vice President. He was born near Saint-Émilion and grew up in a family where wine was always appreciated.
ABOUT WINE DELIVERY – LIMASSOL
The wines below can be ordered online for delivery anywhere in Cyprus. So, for those of you looking for Wine Delivery in Limassol, Paphos or Nicosia, all you need to do is visit their online wine shop to place your order. Here, we begin with a list of white wines recommended by Christophe.
White Wines Recommended by Christophe:
Domaine Vacheron Sancerre Blanc
- Domaine Vacheron is run by Jean-Dominique and Jean-Laurent Vacheron. The Sancerre is an award-winning wine from the Upper Loire in the Loire Valley in France. It is made from the Sauvignon Blanc grape.
- ‘Domaine Vacheron Sancerre is an elegant wine that is direct on the nose. It exhales a beautiful ripeness with aromas of white flowers, yellow and citrus fruits and minerals. In addition, it has a refreshing minerality and acidity’.
- Pair with: Pork, Goat Cheese, Spicy Food, Shellfish or Vegetarian Dishes.
Grand Cru Clos des Hospices – Chablis Les Clos – Domaine Christian Moreau
- Grand Cru Clos des Hospices is renowned for producing outstanding wines. In northern Burgundy, Domaine Christian Moreau Père et Fils is based in Chablis and was established in 1814. The estate is organic, and all the grapes are handpicked. This particular Chablis is highly respected in the wine world and is made from the Chardonnay grape.
- ‘With hints of apricot, citrus confit, oak and light tropical overtones, this is a characterful wine that is beautifully layered. A Chablis of reserve and class.’
- Pair with: Lobster Risotto, Shellfish or Crab.
Louis Latour Corton – Charlemagne Grand Cru AOC
- Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru comes from the Côte de Beaune region in France. The Latour family, with 10.5 hectares, is the largest owner of this particular appellation. The Chardonnay grapes are handpicked during the harvest.
- ‘Bright in colour with pale golden glints, this Corton – Charlemagne reveals an intense nose of fresh hazelnut with hints of marzipan and vanilla. It is full on the palate, with a beautiful length’.
- Pair with: Lobster, Foie Gras, Fish or Mature Cheese.
RED Wines Recommended by Christophe:
Brumont Château Montus La Tyre – 2007
- Château Montus is, without question, one of southwest France’s most prestigious wine producers. It is positioned in a village called Madiran in Gascony. Alain Brumont bought the vineyard for this wine in 1990, as he believed this terroir would produce exceptional Tannat grapes. As a result, it regularly ranks in the world’s most outstanding wines.
- ‘This exceptional Madiran carries abundance, depth, complexity and great concentration. Fresh and consistent, the 2007 La Tyre is marked by red and black fruit compote scents, with intense spices and smoky hints’.
- Pair with: Lamb, Truffles, Venison, Beef or Oriental Dishes.
Clos d’Ora -Gérard Bertrand
- The dream for this wine began in 1997 when Gérard Bertrand acquired some new vineyards in Minervois in Languedoc-Roussilon. However, it took over 15 years to create his vision in the form of Clos d’Ora. It is a combination of four grapes, including Mourvedre, Carignan, Shiraz/Syrah and Grenache.
- ‘This is an opulent and distinguished wine. With mature and textured tannins, it has a long finish. Notes of deep fruits come through. It is believed that this wine has excellent ageing potential’.
- Pair with: Beef, Veal or Pasta.
Château Angélus -St Émilion Grand Cru (premier Grand Cru Classé)
- An exceptional Grand Cru from St Émilion, made from the Merlot grape. The vineyards of this Château are positioned on the right bank of the Bordeaux wine region in the department of Gironde. Since 2012, the whole estate has been classified as Premier grand cru classé. This is a legendary Bordeaux vintage.
- ‘Harmony, the balance between power and freshness, and aromatic precision are the features of this unique vintage’.
- Pair with: Game, Beef, Lamb or Poultry.
Rosé Wine Recommended by Christophe:
Château Sainte Marguerite – Symphonie Côtes de Provence Rosé – 2020
- No relaxing summer afternoon would be complete without a glass of delicate Rosé. Château Sainte Marguerite is located in Côtes de Provence, where many of the outstanding Rosés are made. This wine is made from the Cinsault and Grenache grapes.
- ‘An airy character with a pure intensity, which is underlined by notes of white peaches. It has a slightly spicy finish with an aniseed background, giving it a nice aromatic persistence.
- Pair with: Pork, Shellfish, Poultry or Vegetarian Dishes.
In part 2 of this series, we will meet Panayiotis Daniel, one of three professional Sommeliers who work for the company. Panayiotis is based in their new Wine Bar in Paphos called Labyrinthus by Wine & more.
Wine Delivery in Limassol is in high demand! The idea of ordering wine online and having it delivered to your home is definitely worth trying to save time and effort. Visit their Online Wine Shop Here and enjoy great service for Wine Delivery in Limassol, Nicosia, Larnaca and Paphos.
Try their Wine Delivery Service – Order Here
Published by Cyprus in Style Magazine | October 2021 | #InStyleBusinessNetwork | Wine Delivery Limassol
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved
Subscribe to receive our Email Newsletters
MORE ARTICLES BY CYPRUS IN STYLE
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved / Wine Delivery Limassol