WINE DELIVERY PAPHOS
WINE & GOURMET PRODUCT FAVOURITES
Gastronomic Treats & Wine Delivery in Paphos
Wine Delivery Paphos – After their very successful relocation to new premises at Labyrinthus Wine Bar, Wine & More are busier than ever! They can now offer a complete wine experience at this beautiful building in the heart of Paphos. Whilst this historical gem is gorgeous from the outside, inside, it provides a labyrinth of rooms full of character and charm. All the old favourite wines and gourmet products are here. The new location offers room after room filled with wines and spirits from all over the world and the finest deli products from France and Italy.
We took the opportunity to catch up with the Manager and professional Sommelier, Panayiotis Daniel, to find out what wines and deli products are at the top of his list. In one of the rooms at Labyrinthus, there is a full selection of cheeses and gourmet foods, so we asked Panayiotis to select two favourite kinds of cheese and three items from the deli. It is worth mentioning that the cheeses supplied at Wine & More are flown into Cyprus every week.
As the Manager, Panayiotis is responsible for advising on the best wines available and is very well known in Paphos for his wine knowledge. He is a trained professional Sommelier and an active member of the Cyprus Sommelier Association. In addition, he attends seminars worldwide to further his knowledge and is always very happy and generous to impart his advice. Such is his passion for his favourite Champagne that he has the logo as a tattoo on his leg! So, whether buying a bottle to drink in the wine bar or one to take home, he is the man to match you with your perfect wine.
TWO FAVOURITE TYPES OF CHEESE:
- PECORINO – This is a versatile Italian cheese made from sheep’s milk. It is a hard and salty cheese and is a great addition when grated into pasta, soups and risottos. It is also a table cheese that can be enjoyed as part of a cheeseboard and pairs very well with pears, walnuts and honey.
- OSSAU-IRATY – Another sheep’s cheese that is said to be one of the first cheeses ever produced. It is made in the French Basque Country and exported all over the world. This is the perfect cheese to be enjoyed with fruit or cured meats such as a Saucisson. According to Panayiotis, it pairs very well with a strong Bordeaux red wine.
THREE FAVOURITE DELI PRODUCTS:
- SAUCISSON WITH BLACK PEPPER – A Saucisson is an air-dried cured sausage seasoned with salt and black pepper. At Wine & More, there is an excellent selection of Saucissons, including variations with cheese or hazelnuts, but Panayiotis favours the one with black pepper. They are available in large and smaller sizes and are the perfect addition to any charcuterie board with a rustic baguette.
- EDMUND FALLOT ORIGINAL DIJON MUSTARD – Without question, Fallot’s range of mustards from France is known as one of the leading brands in the world. They have been making mustards, using traditional techniques, since 1840 at this family business in Burgundy, and Panayiotis is a huge fan. It is his go-to accompaniment to many of the deli products he enjoys.
- DUCK FOIE GRAS PATÉ – This exceptional gourmet product is by ‘Maison Delpeyrat’. Panayiotis enjoys this delicacy on bread and advises his customers always to slice it and never to spread. It is the perfect appetiser to be enjoyed before a meal but should only be served in small portions due to its richness.
We also asked Panayiotis which would be the wines he would enjoy himself at home! To gain his full wine connoisseur knowledge, we asked him to select reds, whites, and a Champagne.
RECOMMENDED RED WINES:
- CHÂTEAU MONTUS XL – Château Montus is a very respected wine producer in Madiran in France. It forms part of the wine portfolio of Alain Brumont, who produced his first vintage at Montus in 1982. A red wine that is both bold and structured, which pairs very well with beef and venison.
- RIBERA DEL DUERO AALTO – Mariano Garcia makes this wine in the Ribera del Duero region in Spain. His wines are considered to be some of the best from the country. It is a rich and intense red wine made from the varietal grape Tempranillo. Panayiotis recommends this wine to be enjoyed with lamb.
- ONAR EKFRASEIS – From the Hillside Collection at Ekfraseis Winery in Pitsilia, Cyprus, this is a rich red wine made from the Cabernet Franc grape variety. The wine is matured in French Oak barrels for 12 months and offers a herbal aroma with hints of vanilla, pepper, and tobacco. Panayiotis recommends this wine to be enjoyed with red meats and cheeses.
RECOMMENDED WHITE WINES:
- CHABLIS CHRISTIAN MOREAU PÈRE & FILS – An exceptional Chablis from this family vineyard in Burgundy has been producing wine for six generations. It is made using the Chardonnay grape. Panayiotis recommends it as the perfect wine to accompany shellfish, crab or lobster.
- POUILLY-FUMÉ LA MOUNIERE – Another French wine but this time from the upper Loire region of France. It is made by Michael Redde, using the Sauvignon Blanc grape variety, and is described as a subtle wine with citrus and toasted brioche aromas. To get the most enjoyment from this wine, Panayiotis advises that it should be served at 10 degrees Celcius. In addition, it is highly recommended to pair
itwith grilled fish or a prawn cocktail.
- Besserat de Bellefon Blanc de Blancs Brut Grand Cru Champagne N.V. – This is a special Champagne created using 100% Chardonnay grapes from Chouilly, Cramant and Avize, in the Champagne region in France. Maison Besserat de Bellefon was established in 1843 under the names of Besserat. In 2019, it became the official supplier of ‘Les Voiles de Saint Tropez’. As Panayiotis explained, this is a Champagne for a celebration which goes well with canapés, fish and shellfish.
ABOUT WINE & MORE
Wine & More has boutique stores in Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos. Positioned amongst the best wine shops in Cyprus, Wine & More by French Depot was established just over ten years ago and offers the people of Cyprus a taste of France on our Island. The main aim has always been to supply premier wines and gastronomic treats brought directly from France to the Francophiles amongst us. They also have a range of fine wines from all over the world, including Italy, Chile, Portugal and Cyprus.
- ADDRESS: Agiou Theodorou 5, Paphos.
- TO BOOK A TABLE IN WINE BAR: 96 540 520
- OPEN: Tuesday to Saturday 10.00 – 23.00. Monday 10.00 – 19.00. Closed on Sunday.
FOR WINE DELIVERY IN PAPHOS, CLICK HERE TO ORDER
In our last article, we found out the favourite wines of Christophe Chaillou, CEO of Wine and More. To read all about his personal selection of wines, click here.
Published by Cyprus in Style Magazine | December 2021 | #InStyleBusinessNetwork | Wine Delivery Paphos
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved
Subscribe to receive our Email Newsletters
MORE ARTICLES BY CYPRUS IN STYLE
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved / Wine Delivery Paphos