CHRISTMAS GIFTS PAPHOS
THE REAL EXPERIENCE OF CYPRIOT ARTS & CRAFTS AT ‘THE PLACE’
What gifts are people buying this Christmas? The Top 3 Best Sellers.
Christmas Gifts Paphos – Are you struggling to find the perfect gift this week? It might be worthwhile taking a quick visit to the Old Town of Paphos to check out some of the boutique-style shops – find something for a loved one that is that little bit different!
‘The Place‘ has traditional handicrafts, pottery, mosaics, handmade jewellery, encaustic art and many other traditions available. They also have a wine cellar that offers wines from selected local wineries. This forms part of their gourmet section titled ‘Flavours of Cyprus’, which includes many unique Cypriot food products made by small regional food producers. They are all available to be packaged in a basket with gift wrapping. In the showroom part of The Place, there is the opportunity to view and buy many unique works by local artists, ranging from small personalised gifts to unique home décor articles. Gifts are available to suit any budget, from just 5 euros.
We asked Natalia Antoniou Hadjigeorgiou, owner of The Place, what people are buying this Christmas and their top three selling gifts in 2021. She told us the following three items have been in high demand:
- Taste of Cyprus Gift Baskets. Natalia works with local food producers and has an extensive range of wine and traditional food products from the Pafos region. These include honey, olives, herbs, marmalades, sweet preserves and much more.
- Jewellery. There is a large selection of handcrafted jewellery, including the signature Cocoon Collection, which are items made from the discarded casing created by the moth, and then designed into a stunning piece of jewellery.
- Fused Glass. This year, one of the best sellers is the fused glass Christmas Tree candle holder. There is also a selection of jewellery, platters, bowls and plates. Another popular range is handmade pottery, including cups, jugs and bowls.
The Place opened in May 2015 in the Old Town of Paphos. Natalia’s mother worked for the Ministry of Commerce for over thirty years in the Handicrafts department, so she grew up surrounded by Cypriot artefacts. This love of Cypriot crafts promoted her to open her cultural vision called, The Place. Asked why she has dedicated her life to The Place and the tradition of Cypriot crafts, Natalia says, “I saw a gap in the market to preserve and promote Cypriot culture. I wanted to offer a real, authentic visit to give a real hands-on experience to visitors. The Place is for the whole family and lovers of Cyprus”.
A little piece of heaven in the middle of Paphos to enjoy the natural, genuine experience of Cypriot Culture and, in turn, support local artisans this Christmas!
- Opening Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri – 9 am – 5 pm
- Wed and Sat 9 am – 2 pm.
- Open Christmas Eve until 2 pm for last-minute shoppers.
Published by Cyprus in Style Magazine | December 2021 | #InStyleBusinessNetwork | Christmas Gifts Paphos
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved
Subscribe to receive our Email Newsletters
MORE ARTICLES BY CYPRUS IN STYLE
Copyright Cyprus in Style Magazine 2021 – All rights reserved / Christmas Gifts Paphos